The book on the history and operations of 1 Recce is here and will be launched on Friday 16 November 2018 at Leriba Lodge in Centurion!
1 Reconnaissance Regiment is the iconic root of the SA Special Forces in many ways. The base to launch operations from, the training base, the regimental space, parade grounds, living-in quarters (we could have a story night on this one alone!) and the Bluff with its endless potential for PT sessions!
On this night we will have a visual and verbal feast containing:
- Stories about Operations Hooper/Packer/Moduler and the battles at Cuito Cuanavale, with focus on 1 Recce deployments around Cuito Cuanavale at the time
- Listen to Frans van Dyk, Justin Vermaak, Martin Smith and two mystery guests as they open their memory banks on events of that time in history.
- Xander Strachan, retired SA Special Forces operator and now an acknowledged writer, is the author of the book and he will tell us how it all came together
- Books will be on sale at the event
- A Recce skydive presentation will be shown at the event
This is an opportunity to meet retired SA Special Forces operators and support the South African Special Forces Association (SASFA) in their military veteran welfare initiatives.
Come join us at this event, as it surely promises to be another worth attending!
The Riverside Conference Hall (http://www.leriba.co.za)
245 End Street,
Clubview, Centurion, 0157
Date and Time:
Friday 16 November 2018 @ 18H30 for 19H00
R250 per person which includes entrance fee and dinner.
Early booking is crucial to ensure access to the event . You have to book and pay in advance. No refunds will be done if cancelled three days or less before the event.
Cash bar will be available.
Please bring extra cash with because there will be items for sale. Safe (secure) parking is provided.
Dress Code: Smart Informal